Red River College’s “brand” is the sum of its advertising, behavior, identity, people, products, services, environments, communications, and promotions — as perceived by a public audience. In short, it’s a combination of the things that comprise its public image and expectations. It is also a promise;
hopefully, one that is fulfilled.
Although College communications alone cannot control all of the factors that contribute to the RRC brand, consistent messaging helps to shape brand perception by reinforcing the desired messages.
Depending on the target audience, all external RRC communications should reinforce one or more of the following brand promises (messages):
- Quality Education: RRC strives to offer high quality, innovative education and training, including articulation agreements with a wide range of universities and other institutions.
- Applied Learning: Red River College provides valuable hands-on experience in addition to theoretical learning; this comes in the form of labs, co-op work experience, internships, plus industry trained instructors. This experience prepares graduates to hit the ground running in the workplace.
- Largest College in Manitoba: RRC is the second largest post-secondary institution in the province. It’s also the largest college, offering more program choices than any other Manitoba college.
- Positive Environment: RRC is a positive, comfortable place to learn. Smaller class sizes mean students bond with one another and interact regularly with supportive, knowledgeable instructors.
- In Demand: RRC graduates are desirable hires, thanks to their applied learning background. They are coveted by employers in a wide range of industries.
- Diversity: RRC is a place for people of any culture, age, gender, or ability.
- Relevance: the programs offered at RRC are relevant to marketplace needs.
- Stepping Stone: an education at RRC is a strong foundation on which to build educational and career success.
- Efficiency: many RRC programs are two years or less; it is a quicker educational path before entering the workforce.
- Value: RRC offers relatively lower tuitions (compared to university).
- Modern facilities and technology: RRC is an advanced institution that uses the latest learning technologies and equipment along with a modern environment.
Any questions or concerns related to RRC branding messages should be directed to the College Relations department.